Sunday, September 26, 2010

Talk with Deb 9-26-10

In my discussion with Deb Todd Wheeler, we covered a number of subjects:
1. She recommended I check out Damien Ortega at the ICA to notice how, in his display of camera parts, he guides the viewers' eyes to the parts he wants them to see
2. For my use of flag poles to support my work, all the connotations I can make use of:
a. the flag is how we suspend fabric
b. flags are ceremonial
c. flags communicate beyond cultural
d. reference to jasper johns' flag
3. Lights: that I need to consider them as I do the work, rather than after the fact.
Possible light sources to research: dc neon tubes or fiber optic
Also, to finish the burn pieces I have and consider constructing larger light box(es)
4. Writing:Talk to librarian to get more info on Ernesto Neto and Do Ho Suh. Consider how to write paper on how I am using light and weightlessness- and how the work of Turrell, Flavin and Pippolati Rist contribute understanding (perhaps bringing in Hesse again?)

No comments:

Post a Comment