Wednesday, July 21, 2010

first meeting with Isabel



In our first meeting, Isabel and I talked about:
1. work I had done for my last residency and why it didn't work for me - mainly, about how the silk and its color had not been most effectively shown
2. noticing areas in my past work and in the inadverant fallen and hanging silk in the studio: noticing the ways that the silk and color can be compelling
3. discussing ways that I might look for armature: in found furniture, as a clothesline, in print/paper storage hanging devices, with mylar, incorporating sewing
4. artists: Sheila Hicks, Annette Messager, Polly Apfelbaum
5. message: to be simple and to allow the silk itself to speak

1 comment:

  1. So, Sally, are these new pieces since the residency? Enjoyed your photos and commentary.

    ReplyDelete